Landlords Information

John Mac Heating are specialists in both the private and public rental property sector and can offer our Landlords and Letting Agents a comprehensive range of services.


  • Landlord Gas Safety certificates (CP12’s)- PDF copies
  • Annual servicing of your appliances
  • Boiler and central heating installations and upgrades
  • We provide annual reminders by email or post when your next inspection or servicing is due
  • Electrical PAT Testing
  • Breakdowns and repairs, with a quick turnarounds
  • All plumbing work undertaken- changing taps and washers, to wc and outside taps
  • Fitting of Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Smoke Detectors


If you are, or planning on, renting out your property, then you must have a valid Landlords Gas Safety certificate (CP12) carried out annually, in accordance with Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998.

You must provide your Tenant with a copy of the certificate every 12 months.

John Mac Heating will contact your Tenant directly to make the appointment, can collect keys from your Letting Agency or meet you at the property.

We invested in dedicated software in 2011, and all certificates are electronic PDF’s, which are emailed to you, within 24 hours, although it is usually the same day. 


Remedial Works: You may find the property “is not to current standards”. This need not be alarming, we will discuss your options with you, and can usually rectify this on the same day, or on a later visit, if the parts are not in stock. 

If the boiler or appliance fails the inspection, we will give you impartial advice, on the next course of action.

This could be dis-connecting an un-used gas fire, to having a new boiler fitted.

We understand this can be stressful and costly, and are here to explain in plain English, all your options with no obligation- we do not pressure sell and urge you to get advice from other qualified and reliable sources, so you can be confident we are advising you correctly.


We recommend that you advise your Tenant’s on the useful things to know about their new home, such as where the stopcock is, provide copies of the heating manual for the boiler, how to turn the Gas off at the property, who to call in an emergency if you are on holiday, the day the rubbish goes out. 

Make sure the Tenant knows what they are responsible for, for example if they are going away at Christmas for 3 weeks, it would be a good idea to turn the water stop cock off, preventing freezing cracked pipes.